Thursday, February 08, 2007

Date and time in my own language

Can I format date and time in my own language?
Can I format my date in locale?

Of course, you can get your date and time in your own language in Microsoft Excel. After entering you date or time,

  1. Right click and select Format Cells (CTRL +1)
  2. Select the NUMBER tab
  3. In the CATEGORY list, select DATE
  4. Select your language from the LOCALE tab (at the right side bottom of the dialog)
  5. The available list of formats would be displayed in the TYPE box (above the locale box)
  6. To have TIME in your language, repeat steps 1,2 and select TIME in the CATEGORY list and repeat step 4
Note: By default in Microsoft Excel, if you change the date in your language then the time tab would automatically give you options to have time in the language in which you formatted date and vice-versa

No comments: